Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Papa-Boschy

If my kids could spend every waking moment with their grandparents, they would. It might have something to do with the fact that the moment we walk in their door the kids are provided with, cookies, salty snacks, juice and the opportunity to watch as much Barney as their little eyes can take. That is just walking in the door.

Grandparents are amazing. They have the patience and longsuffering to play with the kids for hours and hours. My mom will play whatever Lola wants for endless amounts of time. My dad, of weak stamina, will wrestle and jump and carry and fly the kids until I stop him in fear he may have a heat-attack. They give them all the fun that I wish I had the patience and time for. I pride myself on being a very fun mommy. My "funness" pales in comparison to the attention my parents give them.
I had extremely fun parents growing up. My mother would design costumes for the plays I wrote and my dad would wrestle with us for hours. Yet, they were still my parents, and they were pretty strict. I am so pleased that they are now afforded the opportunity to just do the fun stuff. The kids are my gift to them for raising me right and loving me enough to discipline me. Cuz, that is NOT fun, for either party.

The kids are their gift to me as well. I am now afforded the opportunity to understand why they did the things they did. With each “incident” with the kids, I am more in tune with myself.
In short, I appreciate them as much as their grandkids do.

No comments: