Friday, March 30, 2007

BFF

Countless times someone at a grocery store or a friend will say, “It is so great they are so close. They are going to be best friends!”

I have actually laughed in their face. So many fights, so little reward, or so it seemed. Oh sure, those early months when they were napping together and they were too far apart to care about the other, were easy times. Then Moses grew up, and Lola got cranky.

Going out in public is always an abundantly tiring affair. That does not stop us, no way. We are three on the move! I do it because I want to teach them how to behave together in public and I want to learn how to manage my troop with ease and care.





There are the usual “2 children in public scares”, no amount of preparation will stop; being terrified they are going to drown when I take them to the pool by myself, losing Lola at the Children’s Museum, (that was a scary day) or Moses eating poop at the petting zoo. It is all worth it when they come home and try to tell Daddy every incident that happened on these many excursions. Our favorite to date is when Lola came home from the zoo telling Daddy all about the "stinky snake" We are not real sure what made him stinky...

With each outing I become more confidant, more daring and dare say, less stressed. I guess it is time to have another one…hahahaha!

Now, now they are friends. Best friends, even a group of girls at a birthday party were unable steal Lola away from her Moe Moe. Of course if anyone with one child mentions having another before the first one turns 2, I scream, "Are you out of your MIND?"

No comments: