Friday, March 30, 2007

Club Miertschin

Both the kids have pneumonia. Lola is doing much better today. She has been listening to this great kids cd that Sophie’s DD made. It is full of weird kids songs. Her favorite songs are the theme songs to her favorite shows. I thought she was going to have a coronary when the Dora song came on.
In order to dance properly in house you must first pull off all the couch cushions and jump up and down on them. Then jump from one square on the carpet to the other. Pink happens to be Lola’s very favorite square.
It is very fun to watch and sometimes, most times, I get roped into dancing. If anyone wonders about my weight, they should check out the energy level of my kids, even with pheumonia, they could wear out an acrobics instructor.
Not long into the entire process Lola starts changing the songs after about 2 refrains. This part drives mommy a little crazy. Of course, it would drive me crazier if she played the same song over and over. Which she did do about a year ago. (Thank God that phase is over.)





Moses woke up with fever, and seemed pretty slow. Lola has made darn sure that he gets no rest whatsoever. He was laying on our dining room table chairs after picking at his breakfast. Lola spotted him and aimed to put a stop to that. She turned off her TV; this is unheard of even when the most enticing thing tries to lure her away. She grabbed his hand and the rest is history. I marvel at their newfound friendship. They have both grown up so much in the last 6 weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could say that Matthew and Rebekah play as well as Lola and Moses do! Rebekah gets a great big bear hug ONLY after Matthew hears a sob story. Recently, my best friend called me to let me know that her 11 year old niece died of influenza.... Matthew coiled like a snake! You could almost see one spinal disc domino into another until his whole chest and brow fell to the table -- a face down thing -- and saying, "OH Bekah, why are you so good to me and I treat you so badly? I promise I will never hurt you again. Mom! I don't want Bekah to die!" Of course this is short-lived... and moments later you'll hear him cast Bekah out of his room. That rascal reminds him of his promise... DAILY!!!!!