Monday, June 18, 2007

Is it possible to be in love at 3?

This is Ben. He is the 6 year old son of my good friend Becky. We went to Utopia over Memorial Day weekend and Ben was there. Lola's only concern the entire time was keeping up with the whereabouts of Ben. If they were not swimming in the creek, taking a dip in the hot tub, or playing T-ball, they were curled up on the ez-chair watching Shrek 2.
The vacation in general was so delightful because it is the first time since we have had children that I really felt like it was a vacation. The first day we were were there I spent most of the day on the front porch reading my book. I fininished it! How great is that?
It has a great deal to do with the fact that the adult to child ratio was 3-1, there was the "great outdoors" the children were free to roam about, and hey, my kids are getting older!

Giving as much love as possible.

Do they look like teenagers or what?


I really do not think Ben minds the attention.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my granddaughter.. i can almost be jealous.......
Papa